Introduction: Spicy Lemongrass Chicken is a vibrant and aromatic Vietnamese dish that’s bursting with bold flavors. The combination of lemongrass, chilies, and fresh herbs creates a tantalizing taste experience that’s sure to satisfy your cravings. Let’s dive into making this spicy and fragrant dish.
- 1 lb (450g) boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 2-3 stalks of fresh lemongrass, tough outer layers removed, finely minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 red bird’s eye chilies, finely chopped (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves and Thai basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges for serving
1. Marinate the Chicken:
- In a bowl, combine the minced lemongrass, minced garlic, chopped chilies, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper.
- Add the sliced chicken thighs to the marinade and mix well to ensure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes to absorb the flavors.
2. Heat the Pan:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Sauté the Chicken:
- Add the marinated chicken to the hot pan and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and slightly caramelized.
- Stir in the sliced onions and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the onions are softened.
4. Garnish and Serve:
- Transfer the Spicy Lemongrass Chicken to a serving plate.
- If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and Thai basil leaves for a burst of freshness.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side for an extra zing.
- Serve your Spicy Lemongrass Chicken hot, either as a main dish with steamed rice or as part of a larger Vietnamese meal.
Conclusion: Spicy Lemongrass Chicken is a wonderful balance of spicy, savory, and aromatic flavors that make it a standout dish in Vietnamese cuisine. Whether you enjoy it with rice or as part of a noodle bowl, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving more. Enjoy the bold and vibrant flavors of this classic Vietnamese dish!