Shaking Beef, also known as Bò Lúc Lắc, is a popular Vietnamese dish that features tender pieces of beef stir-fried with garlic, onions, and a flavorful marinade. This dish is typically served with a side of fresh vegetables and steamed rice. Follow this recipe to create a mouthwatering Shaking Beef dish at home!
- 1.5 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Spring onions, chopped (for garnish)
- Lettuce leaves (for serving)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Steamed rice (for serving)
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the beef cubes in a separate bowl and pour the marinade over them. Toss to coat the beef evenly. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the marinated beef to the skillet, spreading it out in a single layer. Let it cook without stirring for about 2-3 minutes to allow the beef to sear and develop a crust.
- Give the pan a good shake or stir to flip the beef cubes. Add the sliced onions and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until the beef is cooked to your desired doneness and the onions are slightly softened.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve the Shaking Beef on a bed of lettuce leaves, accompanied by steamed rice. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the beef for added tanginess.
- Enjoy the flavorful and tender Bò Lúc Lắc with the refreshing crunch of lettuce and the fragrance of steamed rice.
Note: Feel free to adjust the seasoning according to your taste preference. You can also add a dash of chili flakes or sliced chili peppers if you prefer a bit of heat.
That’s it! You’ve successfully created a delicious Shaking Beef (Bò Lúc Lắc) dish. Enjoy your meal!