Panang Curry is a popular Thai dish known for its rich and creamy flavor. It is made with a combination of aromatic herbs, spices, and coconut milk, resulting in a tantalizing blend of flavors. In this article, we will guide you through the process of making a mouthwatering Panang Curry right in your own kitchen.
- 1 pound (450g) boneless chicken or your choice of protein
- 2 tablespoons Panang curry paste
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the Panang curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken (or your choice of protein) to the pan and cook until browned on all sides.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir well to combine with the curry paste. Bring to a simmer and let it cook for 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add the sliced red bell pepper and onion to the pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in the fish sauce and palm sugar, adjusting the quantities to suit your taste preferences.
- Remove the pan from heat and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve the Panang Curry hot with steamed rice or noodles.
Enjoy the rich and aromatic flavors of this homemade Panang Curry. The creamy coconut milk, fragrant curry paste, and perfectly cooked protein and vegetables create a harmonious and satisfying dish. Impress your family and friends with this delicious Thai curry recipe that will transport your taste buds to the vibrant streets of Thailand.
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables or adjusting the level of spiciness according to your preference.