Pad Thai is a popular Thai dish that is enjoyed by many people around the world. This vegan version is perfect for those who are looking for a delicious and healthy meal that is also animal-friendly.
- 200g rice noodles
- 1/4 cup tamarind juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup firm tofu, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges for serving
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 15-20 minutes until they become soft. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the tamarind juice, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a wok or a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the tofu and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles and the sauce mixture to the wok or frying pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- Add the green onions and bean sprouts to the wok or frying pan. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the Pad Thai in bowls and garnish with chopped roasted peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Enjoy your delicious vegan Pad Thai!