- Ground chicken
- Dumpling wrappers
- Finely chopped vegetables (cabbage, carrots, scallions, etc.)
- Minced garlic
- Minced ginger
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, minced garlic, minced ginger, chopped vegetables, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the filling ingredients until well combined.
- Place a dumpling wrapper on a clean surface. Spoon a small amount of the filling into the center of the wrapper.
- Dip your finger in water and moisten the edges of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half, pressing the edges together to seal the dumpling. You can crimp the edges for a decorative touch.
- Repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a small amount of oil.
- Place the dumplings in the skillet, flat side down, and cook until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Pour water into the skillet until it’s about 1/4 inch deep.
- Cover the skillet and let the dumplings steam for a few minutes, until the filling is cooked through.
- Remove the lid and let the excess water evaporate.
- Once the dumplings are cooked and the bottoms are crispy, remove them from the skillet.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
- Serve the chicken dumplings with your favorite dipping sauce, such as soy sauce mixed with a bit of sesame oil and rice vinegar.
Feel free to customize the filling by adding your favorite ingredients and seasonings. Enjoy your delicious homemade chicken dumplings!