Embark on a culinary journey with this Tofu and Vegetable Medley recipe that brings together the goodness of tofu and a vibrant assortment of vegetables. Packed with nutrients and flavors, this dish is a celebration of plant-based goodness that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling nourished.
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cooked brown rice or quinoa for serving
- Prepare the Tofu:
- Press the tofu to remove excess water and cut it into bite-sized cubes.
- Marinate the Tofu:
- In a bowl, combine tofu cubes with soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Allow it to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Sauté Tofu:
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated tofu cubes and sauté until golden brown on all sides. Remove tofu from the skillet and set aside.
- Sauté Aromatics:
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and grated ginger. Sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Cook Vegetables:
- Add bell peppers, zucchini, snap peas, and carrot to the skillet. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Combine Tofu and Vegetables:
- Return the sautéed tofu to the skillet and toss everything together until well combined.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish the dish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve the tofu and vegetable medley over a bed of cooked brown rice or quinoa.
This Tofu and Vegetable Medley is a delightful symphony of textures and flavors. With the goodness of tofu and a colorful array of vegetables, it’s a nourishing and satisfying dish that proves plant-based eating can be both delicious and fulfilling. Enjoy the wholesome goodness on your plate!